The Impossible Collection of Cars
"Ultimate homage to the automobile" - Mr. Porter It is the dream of many to own the worlds most beautifully designed automobiles, but most often only a handful of collectors ever come close. Now, The Impossible Collection of Cars makes that dream come true, showcasing the one hundred most exceptional cars of the twentieth century in ASSOULINE's third volume in the Impossible Collection series. Each luxury automobile-from the 1909 Blitzen Benz to a 1996 McLaren F1-was chosen for its revolutionary engineering, magnificent lines, and head-turning capabilities. Assouline is pleased to announce this exquisite tome, which features cars owned by celebrities like Marlene Dietrich, Ralph Lauren, Greta Garbo, Pablo Picasso, and Elvis Presley. This Impossible Collection volume is presented on cotton paper in a beautiful black rubber clamshell box with a cutout metal plate.
- 170 pages
- 100 illustrations
- English language
- Released in November 2011
- W 15.31 x L 18.5 x D 2.75 in
- Black Rubber Clamshell Box with Metal Plate
- ISBN: 9781614280156
- 20.0 lb
About the Author
Dan Neil is a Pulitzer Prize-winning automotive columnist for The Wall Street Journal. Neil hosts a new monthly, online-exclusive show for FOXSports.com on MSN: "Wheels Up," is a sophisticated, richly built look at the worlds automobiles, from high-end luxury and sports varieties to those available at the showroom down the street. Also, most recently, Neil has teamed up with Adam Corolla to host the Speed Channel's latest television show for ultimate automobile lovers everywhere "The Car Show". He has also worked for the Los Angeles Times, AutoWeek, and Car and Driver.
- The impossible Collection Of Cars Book from ASSOULINE, Materialology, 2017
- Christmas gifts for the merry gentlemen, Tempus Magazine, November 2017
- Nine Beautiful New books About Cars for True Design Fiends, Bloomberg Business, July 2015
- The Ultimate Fathers Day Gift Guide 2015, BlouinArtInfo, June 2015